Thursday, 2 May 2013

Parramore 2 v Heanor Town 4 - Baris NCEL Prem

Thursday 2nd May 2013
at the Windsor Food Services Stadium, Sandy Lane, Worksop.
Baris NCEL Premier Division
Parramore FC (1) 2
Simon Barroclough 18
Daniel McKenzie 85
Heanor Town  (2) 4
Neil Grayson 44
Nico Degirolamo 45
Dwayne Wiley 70
Kyle Bryant 74 pen
Admission £5, Programme £1.50, Attendance 54
Parramore FC are merging with Handsworth FC, as soon as it is possible for them to do so practicably and in accordance with FA rules and regulations governing mergers between clubs.
Hence the swanky new crest at the top of this post, incorporating the badges of both teams.
When the project does come to fruition, it will doubtless be a great success and would appear to be exactly the boost that both clubs need to fulfil the potential they both obviously already have in abundance.
Peter Whithead, the Parramore chairman, will announce further details in due course.
Check the Parramore and Handsworth club websites for news about this exciting development.
Updated merger statement
Parramore FC:
Steve Hernandez, Lee Thompson, Richard Tootle, Scott Lowe, Lee Holmes, Adam Fretwell, Richard Patterson, Matty Thorpe, Lee Whittington, Simon Barraclough, Gavin Davis
Subs - Danny McKenzie, Louis Axcell, Will McGhie, Jordan Hatton, Ashley Foyle
Heanor Town:
Oliver Pannell, Kyle Bryant, Phil Austin, Lee Stevenson, Brett Peel, Nico Degirolama, Jordan Hall, Ian Clarke, Neil Grayson, Dwayne Wiley, Nathan Whitehead
Subs - Derrick Miller, Tom Cooper Richard, Adam Barrett, Luke Duerden
The Heanor huddle
Parramore entered the fray tonight in a smart new amber and black kit, instead of their usual sky blue, white and black attire.
The reason for this soon became apparent as news started to circulate about their plans for a merger with Handsworth, who traditionally wear those colours.
A move back along the A57 to Sheffield is to all intents and purposes a no brainer for Parramore, especially to link up with a club who already have an existing infrastructure, based around the development of young talent. A combination of the attributes that both clubs have to offer each other, makes perfect sense on so many levels ... football wise, it's a marriage made in heaven.
I think it would also be fair to say, that Parramore FC haven't captured the imagination of the local football supporting population in Worksop, nearly half as much as they had hoped they would, since they relocated to Sandy Lane.
Though to that end, they are probably entitled to feel somewhat aggrieved and very disappointed that they don't get more people through the the turnstiles than they do when Worksop Town aren't playing, given the pivotal role that they played in helping the Tigers move back into their home town.
It was a brave, calculated risk to relocate the north Nottinghamshire town, for the club previously known as both Parramore Sports and Sheffield Parramore. But, in essence, they have a ground and a team, but no actual regular supporter base of their own, youth team or developing Under 19 team, providing them with a steady stream of up and coming players, that clubs like Handsworth have.
Parramore do however, have a lot to offer offer a club like Handsworth and the two clubs are like the missing jigsaw pieces each other needed to create a finished picture.
Good luck to them, I say.
Heanor started and finished the first half well and deserved to go in ahead at the interval, even though it took a brace of goals within a minute of each other just before the half time break to edge themselves in front.
During the opening exchanges, Heanor's Ian Clarke and Nathan Whitehead combined well on the left flank, but when the ball found Dwayne Wiley at the back stick it put it narrowly wide of the target.
Around the ten minute mark, Parramore put six passes together in a build up that found Lee Whittington inside the visitors goal area, he passed sideways to cue Gav Davis up, but his effort was well saved by Oliver Pannell.
Play switched to the other end of the pitch again and Lee Stevenson played Kyle Bryant in on Parramore's goal through the right channel, but the visitors right back shot wide of the left hand upright.
But, in spite of some good build up playing and neat passing moves by Heanor from the outset, it was the home side who took the lead on 18 minutes, when Pannell could only parry Whittington's shot as he broke free on the left of the penalty area and Simon Barraclough was on hand to knock home the loose ball.
With half time approaching and Heanor still knocking the ball around confidently, despite being a goal behind, Nathan Whitehead knocked a measured ball up into the path of Neil Grayson who was advancing on goal and the experienced forward headed home the equalising goal, that his side thoroughly deserved for their attacking enterprise during the first half.
Less than a minute later, Nico Degirolama turned the game around completely, when he hooked a rasping shot past Steve Hernandez, to put Heanor in front.
HT - Parramore 1 v Heanor Town 2
Heanor Ultras!
Heanor's supporters were obviously enjoying their night out 'oop north' and made their presence felt, generously applauding Parramore's players as well as their own, in a tongue in cheek, well humoured manner to emphasise the point that there weren't actually any home supporters to speak of  getting behind Darren Bland's side tonight. Which kind of underlined why Parramore feel the need to re-relocate back to Sheffield any time soon.
Parramore started the second half at a cracking pace, but they found Heanor's Brett Peel to be as big and solid as he looks and they didn't make very much headway.
Nathan Whitehead advance on the Parramore goal and laid the ball off for Jordan Hall who was better placed to shoot, but Steve Hernandez had read the situation well and pulled of a save.
Heanor, who impressed me no end tonight, carried on knocking the ball around well and Hernandez was forced to tip a stinging 30 yard shot from Nathan Whitehead over the bar.
From the resultant corner, Dwane Wiley headed the ball over from Phil Austin's cross.
A goal for the visitors looked inevitable at this point and sure enough Dwayne Wiley finally got his name on the score sheet, when he added the finishing touch to an Ian Clarke free kick.
Things went from bad to worse for Parramore, when Nathan Whitehead knocked the ball through for Dwane Wiley to run on to and as he bundled his way into the box Steve Hernandez pulled him down.
Hernandez had no choice in the matter, a fourth goal would've killed the game, but the referee had no choice either and showed the Parramore keeper a straight red card.
Kyle Bryant duly bagged that killer fourth goal moments later from the spot.
Inside the last five minutes, Danny McKenzie grabbed a consolation goal for the home side, when he ran the ball across the face of the Heanor box and stabbed it home from 18 yards. It was a great finish, but a case of too little, too late, because Heanoer already had the game sewn up and deservedly so.
FT - Parramore 2 v Heanor Town 4