Monday 14 January 2019

Sheffield United 1 v Birmingham City 0 - U23 PDL

Monday 14th January 2019
U23 Professional Development League
at Bramall Lane
Sheffield United U23 (0) 1
Nickeson Gomis 78
Birmingham City U23 (0) 0
Not a blog report as such, but more of a way of me keeping my own movements in some kind of diary like, chronological order, for future reference.
'Twas an evenly balanced encounter, that was narrowly edge by the Blades, with a Nickeson Gomis goal late in the game.
I spent the afternoon in the company of some ambitious 'younger' people who are hoping to take on coaching roles within the professional game.
But I must stress; I'm personally way too old (an unfit) for all of that kind of caper, but occasionally need to tick boxes to keep some (non-coaching) FA qualifications that I currently hold up to date.
Y'never know... this kind of thing might stand me in good stead for keeping my hand in when the time comes for me to retire (or I find myself pensioned off) from my gainful employment outside of football.
Not that I'm in any particular hurry to get any more hands on experience to that end just yet... not for the next couple of years anyway.
For the record, it was good to see Blues striker Isaac Vassell getting another hour or so under his belt this afternoon, on his road to recovery. I wonder if he is aware, or would even care, that my homework assignment for tonight is writing an essay about him.