Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Worksop Parramore 1 v Maltby Main 1 - Baris NCEL Prem

Tuesday 19th February 2013
at the Windsor Food Service Stadium, Worksop
Baris Northern Counties East League
Worksop Parramore (0) 1
Lee Whittington, 65 pen
Maltby Main (0) 1
Brian Cusworth 66
Admission £5, Programme £1.50, Attendance 39

Worksop Parramore:
Steve Hernandez, Lee Thompson, Chris Fawcus, Scott Lowe, Ashley Foyle, Richard Patterson, Jordan Hatton, Matt Thorpe, Simon Barraclough, Lee Whittington, Will McGhie
Subs - Darryl Winter, Louis Axcell, Richard Tootle, Danny McKenzie, Adam Fretwell
Maltby Main:
Andrew Carney, Sam Foulds, Joseph Austin, Matt Outram, Matt Plant, Reece Wesley, Craig Gladwin, Mark Stuart, Brian Cusworth, Ollver Graham, Rob Branagan
Subs - Ben Langford, Michael Cookson, Greg Mason, Luke Gregg
Parramore's games at the WFSS are always good to watch, but in truth it was Maltby who took the honours tonight for entertainment value,with a performance that ought to have seen them return to South Yorkshire with all three points in the bag.
Inside the first 20 minutes, Worksop's keeper Steve Fernandez was kept busy, when he'd tipped a Sam Foulds effort around the corner at full stretch and had been forced into making a double save from Ollie Graham to keep a lively looking Main side at bay.
Grham broke again, having muscled Matty Thorpe out of the way, but he miscued his shot so badly it ended up nearer to the corner flag than the goal.
The home side hit back, when Will McGhie sent Thorpe away down the left channel, but Joe Austin was on hand to head the ball off the line.
Lee Whittington hit a snap shot narrowly wide of the left hand upright, but Maltby picked up the momentum again and right at the end of the first half, Matt Outram warmed Hernandez's hand with a blistering shot from 30 yards out.
HT - Worksop 0 v Maltby 0
As the second half got underway, you could hear the players studs rattling on the pitch, as the frost set in on a bitterly cold night, especially along the touch line the shadow of the main stand, that hadn't had any sun light all day.
Lee Whittington had a shot blocked by Adam Carney and Simon Barraclough, one of the players who jumped ship at Staveley and switched to Parramore recently, put the rebound over.
But the second half then carried on in the same vein as the first with Maltby looking the most likely to break the deadlock.
Ollie Graham smashed the ball against the crossbar, Rob Branagan reacted quickest to get to the rebound, but saw his knock go agonisingly wide.
Mark Stuart made a yard for himself and thumped a shot into the net ... unfortunately, it was the big net behind the stand at the Glassworks End that keeps the ball in the ground.
Matt Outram tried his luck from 20 yards out, but Steve Hernandez was well placed to deal with it.
Parramore were awarded a penalty, when the ball hit Sam Foulds' hand.
It was more of a ball to hand than a deliberate offence, but that didn't trouble Lee Whittington too much as he slotted home the spot kick to give the home side the lead.
The noisy contingent of Maltby fans, vented their complaints at the linesman on their side of the pitch, which must've made a nice change from having to listen to Scott Lowe bending his ear for him all night.
But the visitors were soon in good spirits again, when Brian Cusworth equalised within a minute, with a bravely taken headed goal. Maltby didn't deserve to be a goal behind in the first place.
Maltby finished the game in the ascendancy, with Hernandez having to keep efforts from both Mark Stuart and Ollie Graham out, but when the final whistle sounded, they had to be content with a point. Parramore can thank Steve Hernandez for preserving theirs.
FT - Worksop Parramore 1 v Maltby Main 1
Next up: Wednesday 21st February 2013 - Harworth Colliery U19 v Matlock Town U19