Saturday 3 November 2012

Retford United 4 v Hall Road Rangers 0 - Baris NCEL Prem


Saturday 3rd November 2012, at Cannon Park
Baris NCEL Premier Division
Retford United (1) 4
Scott Bibby ?, Adam Scott 49,
James O'Neill 77, Bobby Johnson 87
Hall Road Rangers (0) 0

I'm not counting this one towards my games attended this season total, because I only got to Cannon Park a couple of minutes before the half time whistle sounded, by which time I'd missed Scott Bibby's opening goal.
Having been at work for most of today, I'd only really popped in on the way home, to see if the Badgers Under 19's manager had finished with the lawnmower he'd borrowed from Harworth Colliery Institute FC yet, because we need to get the grass cut before Thursday's game v. Sandiacre Town, so we can play our usual, fast tempo, pass and move, aesthetically lovely and delectable brand of total football.
After meeting up with my good pal, David Dexter, I decided to stay for the second half and saw a great finish from Adam Scott on 49 minutes, that put Retford two ahead and a close range poke over the line from Luke O'Neill after 77 minutes to make it three nil.
I can only judge the game on the 45 minutes or so I saw, but it looked like a fairly straight forward win for the home side to me, against a Hall Road Rangers side who ended the game with ten men on the pitch after one of their players, Phil Winn, a real big lump of a bloke, was sent off for a crude challenge.
Bobby Johnson scored a late goal, to make the final score 4-0.
Transmission ends.